Thursday, March 3, 2016

All about me, Emma D!! :)

Hey! My name is Emma, and I am a sophomore Neurobiology major at the University of Maryland. I love to play soccer, bake, spend time outside, and hang out with my friends! I was born in Australia (I'm half Australian, half Malaysian), but I currently live in Bethesda, Maryland. I've always loved animals (especially puppies), but my first amazing experience with sea turtles was when I went to Akumal, Mexico the summer before I came to college. Interestingly enough, "Akumal" is the Mayan word for turtle, and is used to name that region because of all the sea turtles that can be seen in the water there! Below I attached a photograph of a turtle that I took while swimming in the water just outside the house we stayed in! I got to take a ton of amazing pictures there (that is until I broke my camera because I didn't properly seal its waterproof case....oops...). Anyways, I'm super excited to go on my first AB trip and to spend time learning about and taking care of the sea turtles!!




No comments:

Post a Comment