Monday, March 7, 2016

John Locke (The Philosopher from LOST)

Hello everyone!

My name is John Locke, and at present, I am neither a famous philosopher nor involved in any television shows. Instead, I am a Freshman at the University of Maryland, where I am currently studying biological sciences, with a focus on neurobiology. I am from Baltimore, MD and greatly enjoy biking along the many trails in Maryland's parks as well as sailing in its waters! My parents are musicians (my father plays percussion, and my mother plays piano), and so naturally I enjoy listening to music and attending concerts whenever possible. When not studying or spending time with family and friends, I enjoy practicing the piano, going swimming, and playing baseball!

I was very excited to apply for the Terps Helping Turtles trip, because I had heard fantastic stories from other ILS students who had gone on the trip before, and I thought it to be a very noble cause. In addition, I greatly enjoy visiting North Carolina, and I actually have relatives who live near to where we will be staying in Topsail. Naturally, I am eagerly anticipating our departure! I look forward to sharing the experience with my fellow classmates, cooking dinner (my dad is an avid chef, and I have contracted the bug), teaching elementary school children about marine life and environmental conservation, seeing the sunrises and sunsets on the beach, and of course, helping to care for the sea turtles at the hospital. See you all on the flip side.
- John Locke

No comments:

Post a Comment