Friday, March 4, 2016

The Little Baby Freshman-- Katie!!

Hi! My name is Katie Aceto. I'm a freshman Animal Sciences/ Pre-Veterinary Medicine major at the University of Maryland. I'm from Rockville, MD, and am an only child, but I have my dog, Sampson, to keep me company <3. Fun fact: both of my parents went to UMD, so we have a whole family of Terps! In my free time, I like to play softball, photograph, participate in community service, knit (sort of-- I'm still trying to learn), Netflix (Grey's Anatomy and The Office), listen to country music, and spend time with friends! I have a lot of favorite animals, of course, but some of my all-time favorites are dogs, tigers, red pandas, dolphins, killer whales, and sea turtles! After graduating from UMD, I plan to go to veterinary school. I'm not quite sure of what I want to specialize in, but surgery really interests me at the moment, so I am thinking about becoming a board-certified surgeon in a small animal emergency hospital. I am extremely excited for this spring break trip-- it was one of the many reasons I was so excited about ILS as a prospective student last year! I can't wait to work with these amazing turtles, learn more about the environment, and get to know my group members better!





No comments:

Post a Comment